Mindstix Labs is looking to hire a passionate Big Data engineer keen on engaging with Fortune 500 companies to setup their Big Data ecosystem. Work experience on real-world datasets and Big Data tools is a must.
- Develop Big data solutions for Fortune-500 customers.
- Work on Big Data Ingestion, Pre-processing, Storage, Parsing, Analyzing and Visualization.
- Study large sets of data to turn information into business insights.
- Get End-to- end ownership of deliverables - POC to production.
- Work directly with customers & users - understand their needs and provide expert recommendations
- Work with a team of exceptionally talented and dedicated Data Scientists and Engineers
- BYOP - Bring your own process. We like new things
- The go to person who gets the job done with excellent quality and within stipulated timelines
- Independent contributor who understands a problem statement and implements analytical solutions & techniques
- Problem-solver and tinkerer who loves challenges
- An impeccable communicator and collaborator who is a thought leader for both customers & colleagues.
- Team player who thrives on brainstorm sessions.
- Able to work hand-in-hand with multiple stake holders
- Fast learner: ability to learn and pick up a new language/tool/ platform quickly
- Proficiency in at-least one of Java, Python or Scala
- Expert level proficiency in at least one of R and Python
- Hands on experience in at least one enterprise Big Data ecosystem like Azure, Amazon, Google Cloud OR Experience in distributed computing frameworks: Apache Hadoop 2.0 (YARN; Map Reduce & HDFS) and associated technologies -- one or more of Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, etc.
- Experience with Kafka / Apache Spark (Streaming, SQL, MLLib)/ Apache Apex / Apache Storm
- Problem-solving: Ability to break the problem into small problems and think of relevant techniques which can be explored & used to cater to those
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment and use of command line tools
- Industry renowned BigData Certifications e.g. (Cloudera / Hortonworks certified professional)
Send us your resume, your Github Id, or a blurb about the coolest projects that you've ever created. We love interesting cover letters too! Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We chat about your work experience and understand why you really love doing what you do. We also work on programming problems or puzzles during this preliminary screening.
Most technical interviews are in-person interviews in our labs. Our interview process challenges you to problems in programming logic, data structures, algorithms, and operating systems – the kind of things that make code Ninjas!
Our evaluation process may also need you to write code. We send you a few programming problems, or invite you to our lab to crack-away at code. Plan to spend a day at our lab if you're coming over.